Patton Copperlink 2157/UI-2PK
Patton Copperlink 2157/UI-2PK Summary
LAN extension doesn’t have to be expensive or difficult. Patton’s Model 2156 and Model 2157 Series of auto-rate Ethernet Extenders open the door to low-cost and easy set-up LAN extension. The LAN Extenders are easy to use and take advantage of existing copper twisted-pair infrastructure to connect LANs at high speed and over long distances.
The Model 2156 can connect at speeds up to 2.3 Mbps with distances ranging from 5.3 to 9.4 km (3.3 to 5.8 miles) on standard 0.5 mm (24 AWG) voice-grade twisted pair. The Model 2157 can connect at speeds up to 4.6 Mbps over distances ranging from 3.3 to 9.4 km (2.1 to 5.8 miles) on standard 0.5 mm (24 AWG) voice-grade twisted pair.
Whether connecting corporate LANs or remote offices, Patton Ethernet Extenders offer the best combination of speed and distance in the industry. Other LAN extenders operate at a single rate or are difficult to configure for LANs located at different distances, but the CopperLink Ethernet Extenders’ autorate adaptation feature ensures that users get the highest speed possible for the distances they are trying to reach. Patton Ethernet Extenders come with a built-in MDI-X switch, which simplifies connection to LANs or PCs since it works correctly with a straightthrough cable or a cross-over cable. Set-up is easy, just connect the Ethernet port cable and the copper twisted-pair to the Extenders, then apply power! Patton CopperLink Auto-rate Ethernet Extenders are the perfect fit for costeffective simple and efficient LAN extension!
Patton Copperlink 2157/UI-2PK Core Features
- High Speed Extension—With the Model 2157 you get speeds up to 4.6 Mbps over just a single twisted pair of copper
- Auto-rate Selection—Just plug the units in, and they will determine the maximum rate possible for the connection
- CopperLink 2-Wire Connection—Easy 2-wire CopperLink connection via built-in RJ-11 port
- Auto-sensing Ethernet—Auto 10 or 100Base-T and full or half-duplex Ethernet operation
- Transparent LAN Bridging—Passes higher layer protocols and supports 802.1Q VLAN tagging
- Automatic Learning, Aging, and Filtering—Only allows packets with addresses outside the LAN to be forwarded
Patton Copperlink 2157/UI-2PK Technical Specifications
- Transparent to higher layer protocols. Supports 802.1 Q VLAN tagged packet transmission
- Transmission Line
- Single twisted pair
- Line Rates
- Auto-Rate adaptive from 192 kbps to 4.6 Mbps
- DTE Rates
- All 64k steps from 192 to 4608 kbps
- Line Coding
- LED Status Indicators
- WAN: Link, TD, RD, Ethernet: Link, 10/100, TD, RD, Power
- RJ-11 on copper line side, RJ-45 for Ethernet connection, shrouded male IEC320 power connector;
- External 90 – 260 VAC, 50 – 60 Hz (Universal Input), 10 W. external 40 – 60 VDC, 10W (DC option)
- Line Interface
- Transformer coupled, 1500 VAC isolation.
- FCC Part 15, CE Mark per EMC directive 89/336/EEC and Low Voltage Directive 73/23/EEC, UL1950 UL and cUL listed (Rev A: Listing in process)
- Op. Temp.
- 32 – 122°F (0 – 50°C)
- 5 – 95%, non-condensing
- 0 – 15,000 ft (0 – 4,600 m)
- 7.3 x 6.6 x 1.62 in. (185 x 168 x 41 mm)
- 2.0 lbs (1.0 kg).